Date:      Thu, 05 Apr 2001 00:22:34 +0930
From:      Matthew Thyer <thyerm@camtech.net.au>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.chuckr.org>
Cc:        ctm-announce@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ETA on CTM ?

Chuck Robey wrote:
> I think a huge one.  I haven't heard any pleas for a slower startup, I
> don't think most would want that.

Sounds good to me (as I'm only on the list at work and use cvsup at home).

> > Do we have to do anything to get back on the lists ?

Do we ?  And can you start the mail outs now and just store the deltas
yourself until the FTP archive materialises ?

> I got an offer from someone to serve as the ftp site on Friday last, it
> seemed perfect, I replied fairly quickly, and then he never responded back
> to me.

What kind of volume are we talking about here ?  I know I have a cron job
to fetch any missing deltas from the German FTP site and I imagine many
others just FTP from the site alone rather than subscribe to the list
(I do subscribe).

I'll ask around some sites in Australia for you but it would be good to
have some stats on the volume.