Date:      Sat, 09 Oct 1999 10:40:57 +0930 (CST)
From:      "Daniel J. O'Connor" <darius@dons.net.au>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee, gryph@mindless.com, andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM, kris@airnet.net, chat@FreeBSD.ORG, (Daniel O'Connor) <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Subject:   Re: Porting FreeBSD to the Mac (68K or PPC)

On 08-Oct-99 Terry Lambert wrote:
>  The Palm Pilot itself may include an MMU.

Hmm.. well I have one :)
Last time I pulled it apart I didn't notice an extra chip for it (which

>  It looks like the Palm Linux guys, if they are doing anything,
>  are running with SVR3.2/x86 Xenix 2.x non-paged memory
>  management, if they are running at all, unless I'm really
>  missing the boat.  8-(.

Well I looked at the web site for 'ELKS - The Embeddable Linux Kernel Subset'
and its more like a learning kernel that you use Linux to compile.

Not sure how it managed VM functions since the web page is full of broken links
and I couldn't be bothered downloading the source
(http://www.elks.ecs.soton.ac.uk/)

Hmm.. well further along the http://www.linux.org/projects/ports.html page, I
see there is the Linux Microcontroller page.. But alas the web page doesn't
seem to bother explaing HOW it works, they just tell you it does..

---
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum