Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:57:55 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Roman Bogorodskiy <novel@novel.fannet.ru>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   www/104488: [ www ] how about making Site Map more visible

>Number:         104488
>Category:       www
>Synopsis:       [ www ] how about making Site Map more visible
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD novel.fannet.ru 6.1-STABLE FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE #4: Thu Aug 24 15:55:09 MSD 2006 root@novel.fannet.ru:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NOVEL i386

The FreeBSD.org site is very large and it's rather hard to find an
item you want to find. It seems the common practice for this case is
using 'site map'. We have a Site Map already:

  http://www.freebsd.org/search/index-site.html

I think it would be a good idea to add a link to it too almost all pages,
somewhere in the bottom. E.g., make the footer look like:

 Legal Notices * Site Map | ¿ 1995-2006 blah-blah

or something like that. I'm not submitting a patch because I think we
should discuss it and make a descision first, and then I'll craft a
patch (it should be trivial anyway).