Date:      Sat, 9 Feb 2002 01:18:16 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Oscar Castaneda <oscarbsd@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fetchmail vs. exchange

On 2002-02-08 10:30, Oscar Castaneda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if I can use fetchmail to download
> email from an MS Exchange Server??
>
> I already configured my .fetchmailrc file with the
> server, protocol, user and password, however i get the
> following error:
>
> bash-2.05a$ fetchmail
> fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)

As others have pointed, you'll have to check what protocols are supported
by the Exchange server.  There are both POP3 and IMAP `connectors' for
Exchange servers, but you'll have to ask the Exchange server admin what he
has running on the server.  If neither POP3 nor IMAP are available, you'll
pretty much doomed to use Outlook or some web interface.

--
Giorgos Keramidas . . . . . . . . . keramida@{ceid.upatras.gr,freebsd.org}
FreeBSD Documentation Project . . . http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/