Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 15:25:22 +0100
From:      George Reid <greid@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ian Wotkun <wotkuni@purdue.edu>, FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: RIO600 Mp3 player

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 03:06:36AM -0400, Andrew J Caines wrote:

> This is being worked on at the moment. Let me know if you want more
> details.

Last time I tried this with -CURRENT, nothing worked due to some
(resolved?) issues with USB bulk transfers.  I played around with it a
little while ago in a recentish -STABLE with some success.

There is a port skeleton at:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~greid/rioutil-freebsd-port.tgz

and this is what I was testing recently.  Please note that I do not intend
to maintain this port (and I have not committed it) given that the authors
of this software apparently have no concerns about portability and I have
more interesting things to do.  I'm willing to commit it if a MAINTAINER
steps forwards.  I would be interested in developing software to use the
Rio600 using the ``ugen'' device instead.