Date:      Tue, 05 Dec 2006 23:08:42 +0100
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr>
To:        Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gsnapshot around ?

Eric Anderson wrote:

> I've been thinking a bit about this for a while.  It would be a great
> tool to have, certainly.   Does anyone have any particular
> implementation ideas?

It's actually not that hard to do. I really want the possibility to save
snapshot data in a file (as opposed to dumping it to another GEOM
device), and PJD had some file-muching kernel code so it's definitely
doable right now.

I'm still waiting on a "hot-plug" insertion of GEOM classes in between
two classes to make it really usable for the common man :)