Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2002 03:30:46 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Joel Dinel <dinjo@roman.mobil.cz>
Subject:   Re: 4.5 release date?

> Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 21:07:05 -0500
> From: Joel Dinel <dinjo@touchtunes.com>
> To: Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz>
> Cc: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: 4.5 release date?
>
> Today was the planned released date.

    Yesterday in this TZ. :)

> You can *always* find the correct release dates on the freebsd.org
> website, in the 'Release Information' section. The FreeBSD core team
> relases versions of FreeBSD when they feel that it is stable and bug
> free. You can't put a date on that.

    I don't want anyone to stick to an arbitrary schedule. But it'd be
    nice if the developers kept us users updated with the progress. I
    mean, just sticking a "found a bug there-and-there, will take
    approx. two weeks to fix, so expect the release to slip this long"
    would be more than enough.

    Just a thought.

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
3:27AM up 7 days, 9:50, 14 users, load averages: 0.04, 0.06, 0.07