Date:      Tue, 31 Jul 2001 05:56:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        flygt@sr.se, petef@databits.net
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Current & XFree86

>Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 08:45:41 -0400
>From: Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>

>++ 31/07/01 14:06 +0200 - Gunnar Flygt:
>| (EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/psm0
>| 	Device busy.
>| And then it's over :)

>Sounds like you're running moused.  I don't think XFree86 4.1 can use
>/dev/sysmouse and interact with moused like 3.3.6 could.

I'm running XFree86 4.1.0_4 on my laptop (tracking both -STABLE and
-CURRENT daily), and I use moused just fine.  However, the Device (in
/etc/XF86Config) is listed as /dev/mouse, and in (-CURRENT's)
/etc/rc.devfs, I have

	ln -fs /dev/sysmouse /dev/mouse

I've seen no problems attributable to mouse interactions.

Cheers,
david
As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to
advise, recommend, or support the use (save possibly for personal
amusement) of any product that is or depends on any Microsoft product.