Date:      Sat, 31 Aug 2002 04:30:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/39780: mcrypt port fails.  Something about host name/one type only

The following reply was made to PR ports/39780; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To: Larry Rosenman <ler@airmail.net>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/39780: mcrypt port fails.  Something about host name/one
 type only
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 07:29:08 -0400 (EDT)

 > If autoconf 2.13 is installed as the autoconf executable/script the
 > problem occurs.  I.E. if the bare autoconf executable/script is version
 > 2.13, we have this problem.
 >
 > What needs to happen, IMHO, is that a version check of the autoconf
 > executable/script is done, and if it's 2.13, we crab about needing an
 > upgrade.

 I've made the port explicitly run autoconf.  Now it will say:

 	FATAL ERROR: Autoconf version 2.50 or higher is required for this script

 in the situation you describe.  With autoconf 2.53 installed and with the
 libmcrypt port in its current state, do you still have the original
 problem?
 --
 Trevor Johnson