Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 2003 23:43:44 -0800
From:      Conrad Minshall <conrad@apple.com>
To:        Andrew Reilly <areilly@bigpond.net.au>, Boris Popov <bp@FreeBSD.ORG>, fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Conrad Minshall <conrad@mac.com>
Subject:   Re: mount_smbfs in FreeBSD-STABLE

For item 1)...  the SMB URL definition allows %nn escapes, as usual.
So if the FreeBSD version of mount_smbfs supports it, you can specify
spaces with a "%20".  If it doesn't support it, you might drop an
"unpercent" function into mount_smbfs.  Here's such a function...
"Darwin" has more source code context if it is needed...

/*
  * Removes the "%" escape sequences from a URL component.
  * See IETF RFC 2396.
  */
char *
unpercent(char * component)
{
         unsigned char c, *s;
         unsigned hi, lo;

         if (component)
                 for (s = component; (c = *s); s++) {
                         if (c != '%')
                                 continue;
                         if ((hi = xtoi(s[1])) > 15 || (lo = xtoi(s[2]))
 > 15)
                                 continue; /* ignore invalid escapes */
                         s[0] = hi*16 + lo;
                         /*
                          * This was strcpy(s + 1, s + 3);
                          * But nowadays leftward overlapping copies are
                          * officially undefined in C.  Ours seems to
                          * work or not depending upon alignment.
                          */
                         memmove(s+1, s+3, strlen(s+3) + 1);
                 }