Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2012 15:41:33 +0200
From:      Erik Cederstrand <erik@cederstrand.dk>
To:        Luba Tang <lubatang@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-toolchain@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MCLinker and llvm-config

Luba,

Thanks for the update.

Den 25/07/2012 kl. 11.22 skrev Luba Tang:

> BTW, I think llvm-config is necessary for every LLVM-based project. If =
it
> will not be in BSD system, I think we can negotiate an approach to get =
rid
> of it.

I created a FreeBSD port for llvm-config for testing MCLinker, so this =
is not a problem now. If MCLinker is imported into FreeBSD, I expect the =
build system to be replaced, as David explained.

As soon as your patches are committed to LLVM and backported to FreeBSD, =
I'll see if I can submit a FreeBSD port for MCLinker for easier testing.

Thanks,
Erik