Date:      18 Nov 1999 17:07:16 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
To:        "Mr. K." <bsd@a.servers.aozilla.com>
Cc:        David G Andersen <danderse@cs.utah.edu>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: localhost.org

"Mr. K." <bsd@a.servers.aozilla.com> writes:
> I thought it's automatically there because inbox.org is my domain name.  I
> actually can't figure out how to fix this, without setting myself as
> authoritative for localhost.org.  I'm probably just overlooking something
> though.

You should have an entry for localhost in the inbox.org zone file:

localhost               IN      A       127.0.0.1

and you should consider setting your search path explicitly in
/etc/resolv.conf.

Alternatively, put 'hosts' before 'bind' in /etc/host.conf and make
sure /etc/hosts contains an entry for localhost. You can use
/etc/hosts to override other stuff, too; e.g. make ad.doubleclick.net
point to a dummy httpd that returns 404 no matter what URL you
request.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@flood.ping.uio.no