Date:      Tue, 13 May 1997 12:05:43 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        jakob@teligent.se (Jakob Alvermark)
Cc:        spork@super-g.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ps don't work in 2.2.1-R

In a previous message, Jakob Alvermark said:
> On Mon, 12 May 1997, spork wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 12 May 1997, Jakob Alvermark wrote:
> >
> > > I've installed FreeBSD 2.2.1-RELEASE a couple of weeks ago. Seems to work
> >
> > Did you install or did you upgrade?
>
> Install. From scratch. Re-partitioned the harddrive.
>
> > > When I run 'ps' it doesn´t show any processes, it says:
> > > ps: proc size mismatch
> >
> > Sounds like you have an old "ps" looking at a new /proc...
>
> Aha.. I don't remember, but I think this problem came up after I
> recompiled the kernel.
> What can I do? Recompile "ps"?

Well if you did a fresh install, then it can't be old ps and new
proc. But if it started when you did a new kernel, maybe your
config is wrong. Do you have

options	PROCFS

in your config?

If you can why don't you try rebooting an old kernel (either the last
one or the generic), and see if ps works. If it does. Then you've
got a config problem.

Paul.
--
"Brenda Malthwit: attorney at law, young, attractive, well educated, and
 full of self-confidence; a woman who, as swiftly as her lascivious male

    -- Rick Vetter of Riverside, CA "miscellaneous dishonorable mentions"
       to the 12th annual Bulwer-Lytton contest for bad fiction,