Date:      Fri, 08 Feb 2002 16:25:53 -0700
From:      "Charles Burns" <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com>
To:        raiden23@netzero.net, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Breaking permissions on Windows 2000 (Server Edition)

>         My only assumption on this is he mis-spoke himself, cause I have
>yet to see any version of windows that's more secure than Unix.  Heck,
>window 3.1 and Dos 6.2 are even more secure than anything since
>them.  Heck, they haven't even produced anything decently respectable since
>then.
>
>> > Fortunately, Windows isn't that much worse than Multics, and is
>> > considerably more secure than UNIX.
>>
>>HAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!  hehehe...  hohoho.  <whew!>

Which Unix? RH 6.0 with everything running has more holes than Windows 2000
with the latest patch (at least, more known holes :)
I got the impression that he was saying that Multics is secure (which it
is/was), and Unix is insecure which, relative to Multics, it is. (at least,
design-wise)
I doubt that anyone would say with a straight face that a Windows server
using, say, IIS, is more secure than a (say) FreeBSD or Solaris server
running Apache or Zeus. Both systems can be secured; both systems need to be
patched all too often, and both systems should be behind a good firewall.
(All of the above: IMHO)