Date:      28 Jan 2003 08:44:41 +0100
From:      Andreas Kohn <andreas.kohn@gmx.net>
To:        bruno schwander <bruno@tinkerbox.org>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem debugging java app

Am Tue, 2003-01-28 um 05.32 schrieb bruno schwander:
> I would like to debug a java app, but when I run my app in jdb I get the
> following exception:
>
> Exception occurred: sun.io.MalformedInputException
> (uncaught) thread="main", sun.io.CharToByteSingleByte.convert(), line=154,
> bci=202
>
> This is a class that is part of the distribution apparently, so how can
> this be happening ?
>
> I have no CLASSPATH set, is there a special runtime to use for debugging ?
>
> any help appreciated...
>
> Thank you
>
> bruno

Hello,

If you start java without the debugger, do you see a lot of warning
messages regarding some fonts he could not load?

In that case, you have to edit your font.properties file
(/ust/local/jdk.../jre/lib/font.properties), and remove/edit all the
fonts your Java VM normally complains about.

I had the same problem, and commenting out all lines that referred to
the "--symbolic-medium-r-..." font did the trick.

Hope this helps,
--
Andreas Kohn <andreas.kohn@gmx.net>