Date:      Tue, 1 Jun 1999 18:08:35 -0700
From:      Arun Sharma <adsharma@home.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   pv_table/pv_entry

Going through the 4.4 BSD book, I learnt that the purpose of the pv_table
is to be able to locate all the mappings to a given physical page.

However, comparing this to the Linux approach, which chains vm_area_struct
(analogous to vm_map_entry in FreeBSD) together to locate the shared
mappings, it appears to me that the Linux approach is more space efficient.

So why not eliminate pv_table and chain vm_map_entries together to represent
the sharing information ?

	-Arun