Date:      Tue, 2 Mar 1999 01:40:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bin/10341: memory leak in setenv(3)

The following reply was made to PR bin/10341; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG, peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 20:33:19 +1100

 >>Synopsis:       memory leak in setenv(3)
 >	[The problem showed up because I have an application which needs to
 >	convert times across multiple timezones, which requires the `TZ'
 >	environment variable to be regularly changed]

 I think there is already a PR by archie about this (with incomplete or
 wrong fixes attached).  IIRC, it is impossible to fix completely, since
 some callers keep pointers into the environment, so the environment
 can't be realloc()ed.

 Bruce