Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 2008 23:57:58 -0700
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        RYAN vAN GINNEKEN <king@computerking.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: aclocal broken

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 12:49:35AM -0600, RYAN vAN GINNEKEN wrote:
> ----- Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 09:20:34PM -0600, RYAN vAN GINNEKEN wrote:
> > > Trying to install zoneminder port but getting this error
> > > Using this version on Freebsd
> > >
> > > FreeBSD pcbsd 7.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE #42: Thu Sep 11 09:07:25 EDT 2008     root@pcbsd:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PCBSD  i386
> > >
> > > cd . && /bin/sh /usr/ports/multimedia/zoneminder/work/ZoneMinder-1.23.3/missing --run autoheader
> >
> > I have no such port on my system, and the FreeBSD web site agrees:
> >
> > # cd /usr/ports/multimedia/zoneminder
> > /usr/ports/multimedia/zoneminder: No such file or directory.
> > # grep -i zoneminder /usr/ports/INDEX-7
> > #
> >
> You are correct this is not a native FreeBSD port i downloaded this port from here http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11965&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Which means you should ask the author of the port on that forum to
fix this problem.  :-)

> > This indicates whoever made the port Makefile is making use of the wrong
> > version of autoconf.  The following line should be added or changed in
> > the port Makefile:
> >
> > USE_AUTOTOOLS=	autoconf:261:env
> I tried adding this to the Makefile but get this error instead
> USE_AUTOTOOLS=	autoconf:261:env
>
> make
> ===>  zoneminder-1.23.3,1 cannot install: unknown AUTOCONF version: 261.
> *** Error code 1

Ah, right -- we have no autoconf 2.61 port.  I believe ade@ could
comment on why that is.  You could try removing the USE_AUTOTOOLS line
altogether.

> So i tried to find out which version i was using and got this
>
> autoconf --version

There are wrappers and other things for auto-tools on FreeBSD, so this
isn't a very good test.

I would recommend you talk to the author of this port and ask him to
update his suite/software to use autoconf 2.62.  Either way, this port
is not something in the FreeBSD ports tree; you'll need to talk to the
author.