Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 2002 11:47:18 -0400
From:      "Thomas Holmes" <tholmes@thebiz.net>
To:        <alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   diskless booting

Hi, I'm sure this has came up in the past but I'm not finding what I'm
looking for in the archieves.

I have an alpha ds10 that I am trying to netboot.  It was netbooting
4.0-RELEASE up
until a few days ago. I'm trying to upgrade to 4.5-RLEASEp2 and I'm not even
seing
a dhcp request.  On my master server I'm doing a tcpdump and not seeing any
packets coming in.

On the alpha I have set using our old config from 4.0:
set ewa0_mode fast
set ewb0_mode fast
set ewb0_protocols bootp
set boot_file
set boot_osflags
bootdef_dev ewb0

I took the boot/netboot and called it srmboot and placed it in my tftpboot
directory.
I then do a boot and it says that it is booting and that it can not find the
file but I am not seeing any packets going to my dhcp server.  I know the
cable is good since I use it on a diskless intel box and that booting works
fine.

Any thoughts or reference points would be GREAT!

Thanks!

--
Thomas P. Holmes
Unix Engineer