Date:      Sun, 12 Feb 1995 14:50:44 -0800
From:      Pete Shipley <shipley@merde.dis.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   slattach

------- =_aaaaaaaaaa0

does anyone successfully use "slattach -r" to setup a slip link.

I use the  the command:

 /sbin/slattach -z -f -h -c -s 38400 -r '/usr/local/bin/kermit -y /etc/tlg.kermit >/tmp/kermit.log.$$ 2>&1' /dev/cua00

It appears to me that slattach's -r command is unusable option.

>From that I can tell the problem is that, when kermit exits, DTR is dropped.
Thus the connection is lost before slattach can attach the ip-serial
device to the tty port.

I am interested in hearing if this is working for anyone else
before I to reengineer the way the whole thing works.

I will include a copy of my /etc/tlg.kermit file..

------- =_aaaaaaaaaa0

#!/usr/local/bin/kermit
# modem setup
set dial display on
set session-log text
set modem-dialer sportster
set line /dev/cua00
set speed 38400
set parity none
set flow rts/cts
set terminal bytesize 8
set file type binary
set dial hangup off
set dial speed-matching off
set dial dial-command ATDT%s\{13}
dial 1-415-5520436
script gin:--gin:--gin jblow  word: aqi5f2xo beginning
#connect
quit

------- =_aaaaaaaaaa0--