Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 1999 09:00:11 -0000
From:      "Majid Almassari" <majid@ibroadcast.net>
To:        "Peter Kok" <cckok00@stlinux.ouhk.edu.hk>
Cc:        "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: command abt 'ftp' and 'cp'

1)I think you can login as root using FTP but I strongly advise against it.
You need to edit the /etc/login.conf to allow that.
2)If you are copying a whloe directory from one location to another on the
same host then use the mv command. Do man mv for details. If you are copying
it from host to another then use rcp. Do man rcp for details. If you want to
FTP a whole directory then as suggested you can tar it up then FTP or use
mput command. Do ? at the FTP command for help.

--
Majid Almassari, MSEE, MCP.
Systems Administrator