Date:      Sat, 14 Sep 2002 17:01:22 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
To:        Alan E <alane@geeksrus.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports List <ports@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Port Mgr <portmgr@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: bash2 ports

On Sat, Sep 14, 2002 at 04:27:52PM -0400, Alan E wrote:
> I am currently hosting the bash2 port files on
> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~alane/bash2/
> but do not wish to do so indefinitely.
>
> The default ipfw firewall and inetd configuration will not allow
> fetching the files for this port, due to the policies of the master
> hosting site.

What are the policies of the master hosting site?  Has anyone emailed
Chet (bash2 author) to try to determine why they have trouble fetching
the bash2 patches?

I run "options IPFIREWALL" in my kernel with a modified "simple"
rc.firewall type (kept existing rules and added more).  I have *ZERO*
problems fetching the bash2 patch files from ftp.cwru.edu.

> I find this to be an intolerable situation, and either we need to modify
> our shipped inetd.conf and rc.firewall to accomodate this port (hahaha)
> or we need to find a permanent home on a freebsd server for its files.

FreeBSD doesn't enable ipfw firewall by default.  So I don't know what
you are talking about.