Date:      Sun, 29 Apr 2012 17:45:17 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Does FreeBSD AP (with ath) transmit regulatory domain? Should it?

Hello, Freebsd-wireless.

  I  have  ath (9220) based AP (running FreeBSD 10-CURRENT). I live in
 country  "RU"  where channels 1-13 are allowed for 2.4Ghz (8021.11ng)
 WiFi.  AP  could  be  configured for channel 13, but my "main" client
 doesn't  see  it.

  Client is equipped with Intel=C2=AE PRO/Wireless 3945ABG card and run
 Windows.

  Here is Intel KB article[1], which says, that card doesn't have
regulatory domain setting, but scans all channels, and selects
regdomain from AP. But it doesn't! It sees AP on channels 1-11 but not
on 12 or 13.

 Is it FreeBSD AP problem or client problem?

[1] - http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-006064.htm

--=20
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>