Date:      Sun, 14 Jan 2018 17:45:37 +0530
From:      Reshad Patuck <reshad@patuck.net>
To:        Kristof Provost <kristof@sigsegv.be>
Cc:        Reshad Patuck <reshadpatuck1@gmail.com>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [vnet] [epair] epair interface stops working after some time

Hi,

I attempted to unload the pf module, but this did not cause any changes.

I am not creating/destroying any VNET jails at the time epais stop to funct=
ion.
Multiple VNET jails are started when I start the box, but no further activi=
ty (starts or stops of vnet jails, creation deletion of epair interfaces, p=
f start, stop or reload)

I have been monitoring output from the following:
=2D netstat -ss
=2D netstat -m
=2D vmstat -z
=2D vmstat -m

I will add 'netstat -i' to my battery of monitoring commands.

So far I the only pattern I can see out of the ordinary is the 'vmstat -m' =
output for epairs.
Where the size seems to keep growing, and at some point, the memory-use and=
 high-use grow too.
The epair interface seems to stop working when the memory-use and high-use =
grow.
I have also noticed that these parameters stay almost constant on other box=
es.

Here is a link (http://dpaste.com/3WB6AD4.txt) to the csv file containing t=
he 'vmstat -m' output for 'epair' over time.
I noticed the epair being to fail at timestamp 2018-01-09T07:56Z, but this =
test ran every 5 minutes so it could be upto 5 minutes before this timestam=
p.
NOTE: I have used --libxo on the vmstat to get json output, it seems to hav=
e lost the trailing 'K' in the memory-use column.

I will update things here if I find anything else in the logs.

Please let me know if there is anything else I should look at, or if there =
is any other output you would like.

Best regards,

Reshad