Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:33:47 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        des@des.no (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?q?Sm=F8rgrav?=)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I can not boot my FreeBSD-5.2 partition, please help

On Friday 16 January 2004 05:17 pm, Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav wrote:
> John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org> writes:
> > You need to enable packet mode in boot0 for it to work.
>
> I think the problem here is that his BIOS doesn't support packet mode.

If his BIOS sees that the disk is larger than 540 mb, it supports packet mo=
de. =20
Anything that supports 'LBA' mode supports packet mode (that's what it is).=
 =20
Everything post 1994 supports LBA aka packet mode.  I think a PPro 200 is=20
probably 1995 or later. :)

=2D-=20
"Power Users Use the Power to Serve"  =3D  http://www.FreeBSD.org