Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:36:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Gill, James" <james.gill@mci.com>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@interface-systems.de>
Cc:        Chris Flecknell <cflecknell@altsoftware.com>
Subject:   Re: Ultra 10 Panic - lockup

I've got a box that is doing this.  It very well may have a bad CPU.  I
have been advised to update the OBP and i'm going to try that.

I had switched *to* this processor because of mysterious crashes, I may
need better duct tape or McGuyvering on these frankenstein boxes.

--gill

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> As Chris Flecknell wrote:
>
> > syncing disks, buffers remaining... 3866 3866
> > RED State Exception
>
> Based on my (Solaris-based, not FreeBSD) knowledge of U10 issues,
> RED state exceptions are an indication of a broken CPU.

        MCI/UUNET Network Security & Abuse * 1-800-900-0241,4
             v-net:  desk = 806-3834 ; group = 806-8805