Date:      09 Nov 2002 12:58:03 -0700
From:      Shane Hickey <shane@howsyournetwork.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ssh with pam_access?

First, lemme say that I foolishly asked this in freebsd-newbies (because
I'm a freebsd newbie) but it turns out that it was the wrong forum.
Anyway, what are people using to only allow ssh from certain
addressees?  I'm a recent FreeBSD convert, from Linux.  In linuxland I
used both iptables and then I would edit /etc/pam.d/sshd and add this
line

account    required     /lib/security/pam_access.so

to enable the pam module that allowed me to specify hosts/networks in
/etc/security/access.conf.

I'd rather not do tcp wrappers.  Is there an equivalent way to do this
with pam in FreeBSD?  I know about ipfilter and I'll be doing that, I
just like to have another layer.

Thanks,

Shane