Date:      Tue, 02 Nov 1999 18:34:05 -0600 (CST)
From:      Tim Zingelman <tez@nova.fnal.gov>
To:        "Christopher T. Griffiths" <cgriffiths@quansoo.com>
Cc:        alex.boisvert@gel.usherb.CA, matusita@ics.es.osaka-u.ac.jp, java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux JDK1.2 port

> Yes unfortunately I am still getting the same errors.  I even cvsup
> yesterday and did a buildworld just in case.
> Still getting the core dump as well as the undefined symbol.
> Chris

I had exactly the same problem...

$ java -version
Segmentation fault - core dumped
/usr/local/jdk1.2/bin/i386/green_threads/java: error in loading shared libraries
/usr/local/jdk1.2/jre/lib/i386/classic/libjvm.so: undefined symbol: __bzero

The solution is to use the glibc2.0 version, NOT the glibc2.1 version.

Once I switched to that (both are available at the blackdown.org mirrors)
and did the patches to .java_wrapper supplied earlier in this discussion
java -version worked great!  (now to see if more complex things work :)

$ java -version
java version "1.2"
Classic VM (build Linux_JDK_1.2_pre-release-v2, green threads, sunwjit)

 - Tim