Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 21:07:31 +0100
From:      Thomas =?iso-8859-1?q?W=FCrfl?= <ThomasWuerfl@gmx.de>
To:        Oliver Braun <obraun@informatik.unibw-muenchen.de>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Euro character

Am Donnerstag, 28. März 2002 18:38 schrieb Oliver Braun:
> * Thomas Würfl <ThomasWuerfl@gmx.de> [2002-03-28 18:04]:
> > > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/euro/article.html
> >
> > I did it the way discribe in that article but I still have a problem with
> > the key combination alt_gr+e. It doesn't work under X. The fonts are ok.
> > Charcter 164 is the euro symbol and i can copy/paste it. Someone said it
> > maybe fixable with xmodmap, but I don't know how. Any idea?
>
> IIRC, I have changed in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/symbols/de
>
> key <AD03> {        [         e,    E               ],
>                     [  EuroSign                     ]       };

> key <AD03> {        [         e,    E               ],
>                     [        currency, currency     ]       };
>
> and it worked.
>
> Regards,
>          Olli

Ok, i did that, but now I get "?" with alt_gr+e(E) instead of ""(nothing).
Maybe the variable currency isn't defind (or wrong)? How do I do?
I change the currency symbol in kde control center to "?" (I apologise to the
non iso-8859-15 out there) but that didn't help. Sorry to bother you, but i
think it's a bagatelle for you.
Thank you,

Tom