Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 1997 07:05:01 -0500
From:      rhh@ct.picker.com (Randall Hopper)
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tuner/capture options for FreeBSD

     I'm shopping for a TV tuner/capture card that I can use on my 100Mhz
ASUS P55TP4XE Triton MB that'll work well on FreeBSD -current.  Mostly
interested in TV-in-window as well as frame and animation capture.  I'm
inclinded toward PCI, but willing to consider ISA.

     Monitoring the list recently, I've seen the Matrox Meteor (PCI) and
Intel Smart Video Recorder III (PCI) mentioned recently.  However, I don't
know anything about the system requirements these two cards have though.
Any help here would be appreciated.  E.g. what requirements do these have
on the system video card?

     It'd be nice if the card worked with my existing Hercules Stingray
64/Video 2Meg (though I can change cards if I need to).  Also I wouldn't be
using it for MBONE (ISDN/ADSL is just too expensive in my area), so
tv-in-window, frame/animation capture, and audio capture if available would
be the main concerns.

Randall Hopper