Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 2002 23:49:58 -0500
From:      <glbj@verizon.net>
To:        FreeBSd-questions@Freebsd.org
Subject:   MSN DSL comm troubles

Help...
I just moved to Minnesota. I've aquired DSL from Qwest using the recommended MSN as an ISP. They supplied a modem called Arescom 800. It responds to an ip address (192.168.1.1) when pinged and also displays a status web page when queried by a browser. The windoze box talks to it fine, but the FreeBSD box won't. Fbsd will sucessfully ping all machines on the LAN, but will not get a response from the modem. I don't understand what's going on here. Does anyone out there use a similar setup? Have you had problems?

MSN says the modem does DHCP, has a firewall, and runs Nat. If that's true, I think I'm screwed.

HELP...????