Date:      Tue, 26 Apr 2016 23:04:01 +0930
From:      Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz>
To:        Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-python@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PYDISTUTILS_INSTALLNOSINGLE error

On 25/04/2016 20:54, Ben Woods wrote:
> On 24 April 2016 at 04:31, Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@shaneware.biz> wrote:
>
>> On 23/04/2016 17:16, Ben Woods wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> Does anyone know why PYDISTUTILS_INSTALLNOSINGLE is marked as deprecated?
>>> It is still used by 9 ports...
>>>
>>> I am working on an update to multimedia/quodlibet in PR208988, and it
>>> gives
>>> the warning "PYDISTUTILS_INSTALLNOSINGLE is deprecated, please do not use
>>> it anymore". However, if I remove that line from the Makefile, the build
>>> fails with "error: option  --single-version-externally-managednot
>>> recognized".
>>>
>>> --single-version-externally-managed is added by USES=python if you dont
>>> set
>>> PYDISTUTILS_INSTALLNOSINGLE=yes.
>>>

> In fact, I think it may be that the setup.py that comes bundled with the
> multimedia/quodlibet software does not support
> --single-version-externally-managed and therefore requires
> PYDISTUTILS_INSTALLNOSINGLE=yes?

Just had a look at the new version and the issue comes from using gdist
for distclass

If you remove 'distclass': GDistribution, from setup_kwargs then you no
longer get the error, but you get other warnings from distclass related
settings.

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler