Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2002 22:28:38 +1000
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        Stefan Stapelberg <stefan@RENT-A-GURU.DE>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: http-analyze for FreeBSD

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 12:01:14PM +0200, Stefan Stapelberg wrote:
> I'm the author of http-analyze, a logfile analyzer for web servers
> (see http://www.http-analyze.org/). I would like to ask you whether
> you want to add the analyzer freeware to your standard distribution
> or whether there is a way to get access to a compiling system running
> the latest FreeBSD version?

Adding it to the ports-collection is easy:
What you[*] need to do is port it(*) and submit it as a PR.

Where can you find FreeBSD machines?
- You can run one in VMWare
- You can use the SourceForge compile farm (www.sourceforge.net)
- You can use the DEC/Compaq/HP test farm (google for the right address)

So yeah, there is enough places to help you, but the best way would
be if one of your users (or maybe yourself :-) would do it. At least
they have feeling for the software.

[*] Or an enthousiastic user of your program which wants to help you
(*) See http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org