Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 1997 15:06:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
To:        peter@spinner.DIALix.COM (Peter Wemm)
Cc:        grog@lemis.de, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What's happened to nfsd and mountd?

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, Peter Wemm had
to walk into mine and say:

[nfsd/mountd are fubared]

> > It's most likely something in the RPC library in libc, not in the programs.
>
> The first thing that springs to mind is that it looks like it's happening
> here in clnt_udp.c:
>         if (sendto(cu->cu_sock, cu->cu_outbuf, outlen, 0,
>             (struct sockaddr *)&(cu->cu_raddr), cu->cu_rlen) != outlen) {
>                 cu->cu_error.re_errno = errno;
>                 if (fds != &readfds)
>                         free(fds);
>                 return (cu->cu_error.re_status = RPC_CANTSEND);
>         }
>
> In this case, it looks to me like the socket is created and bound
> correctly, Hmm, I'll dig into it some more.

I would be more inclined to check pmap_set() or get_myaddress(). (I think
you did frob get_myaddress().) It would also help if we knew if these people
are doing funky things with virtual interfaces or multihomed hosts. (This
information is important people! When you describe a problem, you should
go into _excrutiating_ detail. What may seem unimportant to you may speak
volumes to us.)

> > Rrrrr.... excuse me while I go fill up the gas tank on my LART.
>
> Do I want to know what a LART is, or not? :-]

It means Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool, and refers to any sort of
mechanism or object used to inflict serious and usually lethal injuries
on those lusers that distinguish themselves in the eyes of their sysadmins.

Mine gets 20 miles to the gallon.

-Bill