Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 21:19:15 -0300
From:      nwerneck@yahoo.com.br
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   user mounting by user account using chmod

Hello.

 I'm trying to make /dev/fd0, /dev/acd0 and other devices
accessible by users, and I want to use the chmod way (as
described in the sysadmin FAQ). I used the command
 chmod 777 /dev/fd0 and it didn't worked.

 Another thing: The standard permissions on the files are 640, no
execution, but the faq (or somewhere else, I don't remember) says
that
the x byte must be set in order to mount any devices... Who's right?
 And: can't I just set the permissions to 770, so the su-capable
users would access the devices, and other wouldn't?

thnx