Date:      Fri, 19 Aug 2011 12:53:37 +0400
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        "Helmut Schneider" <jumper99@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Big patches

Hi!

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 19:11:22 +0000 (UTC) Helmut Schneider wrote:

> I've been told that dynamic pkg-plists are bad or at least should be
> avoided=C2=B4at most costs.

> Now, all my patches for Typo3 seem blocked by a "SPAM Filter" or at
> least take 2 days until I get reply. See PR159878-81, I submitted the
> patches on tuesday.

> So, what should I do? Still create full pkg-plists and hope that the
> patch passes the FreeBSD PR system or fall back to dynamic pkg-plists?

You may try to reduce pkg-plist changes. Are you speaking about
www/typo* ports? If yes, those ports have hardcoded PORTVERSION
at pkg-plist. One can use make variables to dramatically reduce
pkg-plist changes:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/plist.htm=
l#PLIST-SUB

--=20