Date:      Thu, 23 Feb 1995 02:20:11 -0800
From:      David Muir Sharnoff <muir@idiom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   how to get OS-BS to see FreeBSD 950210-SNAP w/o clobbering DOS & Linux?

Got a slight problem:  OS-BS claims that there is "No operating system"
when I try to boot FreeBSD.   I can boot fine by using the boot floppy
and telling it to boot off sd(0,a)/kernel.

When I did the initial install, I very carefully didn't do the fdisk
portion.  This meant that for the first time, I managed to install a *BSD
without wiping my DOS partition.

I was not able to tell from the man page if disklabel(8) would destroy
my DOS partition or not and thus I have not run "disklabel -B".

What can I try?

Thanks,

-Dave