Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 1995 00:46:16 -0700 (MST)
From:      Scott Mace <smace@metal-mail.neosoft.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   new slice stuff... finally got it working.

I Think I've finally got everything functional.  I redid my filesystems
totally, (even though it theoretically wasn't necessary).

Here is some info about my system.  I'm posting this so that it might help
others fix their systems.

This was my old config under 2.0:

sd0: 249 meg DOS, 64 meg freebsd (root)
sd1: 64 meg (var), 64 megs swap, 1928 usr.

My new config is as follows:

sd0: 313 meg DOS
sd1: 64meg root, 64 var, 64 swap, rest usr.

1. I backed everything up.
2. used msdos fdisk on sd0.  (left the booteasy MBR alone).
3. Used the march snap disk to setup sd1.
The sd1 mounts are pretty simple.  I used /dev/sd0s1 for the dos mount.

I also experimented with a 249DOS/65meg freebsd layout on sd0.

I first used the dos fdisk to layout the dos partition in slice 1.
I then did:

fdisk -u /dev/rsd0 to add my freebsd partition.
I had to run disklabel on /dev/rsd0s2 not /dev/rsd0d.

Be REAL sure you have to new slicce devices in /dev or there isn't too
much of a chance it will work.

	Hope this helps some people,
	Scott