Date:      Sat, 27 Sep 1997 20:42:44 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fwd: Amaya 1.1a Source Release available

On Fri, Sep 19, 1997 at 05:27:52PM -0500, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
> Howdy, (sorry for the delay)
> The problem we have is that jdk (any version) cannot be distributed with
> the CD under any acceptable terms. The solution is producing a stripped
> version called the JRE (Java Runtime Environment).
> The correct way to do this is find a volunteer that signs SUN's license
> and uses the original distfiles to build a port. The patches can be
> distributed with the port, so that everyone with a license can work on
> further developments.
> The JRE port would be a stripped version of the JDK port, but it can be
> packaged with the CD.
> Another factor is that the versions for current and for stable will
> probably be different due to the new poll() call in current.
> I think Jeffrey Hsu has the required patches, and was looking for a
> volunteer..

Hi Pedro !

Am not sure, if I already wrote a reply ... Or if it went to
/dev/null.

Would it be possible, to build an Amaya port without that Java
version, first ? Only to get this beast running ?

A build option could later include Java on demand ?! Everybody
is talking about amaya on Linux and Win95 and we don't have
even a port ;-)

Therefore I asked if someone could take the time ;-)

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm | klemm.gtn.com - powered by
                    Symmetric MultiProcessor FreeBSD