Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 1995 17:55:37 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.MT.net>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>, mmead@goof.com (matthew c. mead)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Make World Times ( was Re: commits in the last 2 days?)

> > > I seem to be crusing right along in make world now...
> >
> > 	How long will a make world take on a 486dx2/66?  I need to do it once
> > and get all the objects built once, from then on the dependencies should make
> > sure I only build what I need to each time, right?  Thanks.
>
> Ahh... not sure... I run this stuff on a P54-90 with 4 to 5MB/sec disk
> drives.  I'd guess maybe 6 to 7 hours max.

On my box (subjective, nothing definitive) which is a
486/66-16MB/ISA/SCSI I suspect it's more like 24-36 hours for a complete
make world.  A simple make takes 12-14 hours if I remember right.
However, I'm usually running alot more than make world, so that'll slow
it down.  But, I don't suspect it halves the time.

Nate