Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:09:24 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        drhodus@machdep.com
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: Public Access to Perforce?

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 03:01:35PM -0400, David Rhodus wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:51:54 -0700, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> w=
rote:
> > On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 12:38:38PM -0400, David Rhodus wrote:

> > > With the perforce trees being hidden away without public access to the
> > > changes, this makes the FreeBSD project no longer an open source
> > > project.
> >=20
> > So remind me, where can I download the souce code to your version of
> > DragonFly (http://www.crescentanchor.com/products/FireFly/) about
> > which you state:
> >=20
> >   FireFly can also benefit from the open-souce development model by
> >   integrating ongoing work from other BSD projects while opening most
> >   of our own innovations for inclusion back into other software programs
> >   and educational use.
> >=20
> > Or is DragonFly also no longer open souce since you're doing secret
> > development work in a closed-souce commercial project for code that
> > will one day be included in DragonFly?
>=20
> So Kris remind me where I can download the ybsd source code, the
> Jupiter router code, etc... from ?

Hey, it was your silly argument to begin with.

Not that your response makes much sense, because those projects a)
don't have anything to do with me, and b) don't claim to be
development testbeds for feeding code back into an open-souce project,
which is precisely what you were complaining about with respect to
FreeBSD and the evil secret perforce repository.

Do you see the irony now?

Kris
--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE--