Date:      Mon, 30 Nov 1998 17:45:07 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        Wayne.Baety@kadena.af.mil (Baety Wayne Amn 18CS/SCBD)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CAM Information

Baety Wayne Amn 18CS/SCBD wrote...
> ok, I guess I misunderstood, I thought CAM was more chip based rather than
> card based, what about the DTC3280AS (Data Technology) it uses an NCR
> 53C400A controller chip, btw is there more documentation for CAM besides
> LINT.  I'd like to know how to set it up, and what cards/chips it supports.

The list of supported chips/cards is in the 3.0 release notes.  The
HARDWARE.TXT is incorrect as far as its list of supported SCSI controllers.

If you want more details on setting up your kernel config file, see
scsi(4).  Here are some other man pages:

adv(4), adw(4), aha(4), ahb(4), ahc(4), bt(4), cd(4), ch(4), da(4),
dpt(4), ncr(4), pass(4), pt(4),  sa(4),  xpt(4),  camcontrol(8)

If you want a recommendation on what SCSI controller to get, I would
suggest getting an Adaptec 7890 or 7895-based controller.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com