Date:      Fri, 18 Dec 2020 01:53:10 -0000
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6722@twc.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: FreeBSD src repo transitioning to git this weekend

> > I hope we don't have to start signing all commits.  saltstack/salt has
> > that policy, and it's extremely annoying.

> Have to? Not currently. As with all process changes, there will be
> community discussion around the different points.

> Warner

I hope not!

Signatures, at least in email messages, are just an annoyance as I see them.

I don't even know how do sign an email message or make use of a signature in a message I receive.

I have never made a commit to a repository, so would not be familiar with signatures there; imagine it would be a barrier.

Tom