Date:      Mon, 8 Dec 1997 09:14:48 -0600
From:      keyser@clio.rice.edu (Kevin Keyser)
To:        jemstone@triplet.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Out of Swap Space?

> I keep getting this and INND gets killed.  How do I increase swap
> space?  How do I check to see how much was allocated?  I believe I
> gave it 100 megs?

Use swapinfo to find out which swap devices are active, how big, and
how much in use.  If your kernel was compiled with pseudo-device vn,
you can arrange to swap to a file (assuming you're not low on
filespace too).

dd if=/dev/zero of=/somewhere/bigfile bs=1m count=64
vnconfig -c /dev/vn0c /somewhere/bigfile
swapon /dev/vn0c

See also the man pages for these commands so you can tailor to
your situation.

> Thanks...
>
> Jim

Kevin