Date:      Wed, 25 Mar 2020 01:37:42 +0000
From:      Igor Vilhalba <igor.vilhalba@outlook.com>
To:        "freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Getting started at writting device drivers for FreeBSD

Hello everyone! I asked the following at Stack Exchange<https://unix.stacke=
xchange.com/questions/574768/get-started-at-writing-device-drivers-for-free=
bsd?noredirect=3D1#comment1070055_574768> and was told to try mailing you f=
or solving this:

" I just decided to give FreeBSD a try last week and found out that my wire=
less card (Ralink rt3290) isn't supported.

I am good at C - and I know I have to for this task - and am very fond of A=
ssembly, so I am thinking about writing a driver for ir.
However, I have absolutely no experience with driver programming and would =
like to know your opinion about whether it is feasible or not to do so. I d=
on't know if it helps, but all of the three Linux distros I have installed =
(Arch, Manjaro and openSUSE) have all the necessary drivers for my machine.

I recently found out that I have a huge interest how the computer and the O=
Ses (mainly *nix) work so I am willing to study deeply any good reading mat=
erial you can point out for me. Also, if you have any advices and/or experi=
ence in the field, I will be grateful for your help.

Thank you very much for your attention and help! I really appreciate it. "

Thank you in advance!

Igor de Araujo Vilhalba