Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 1997 06:05:28 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        tristan@mpegtv.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new mpegtv with correct audio sync?

> Hi,
>
> Has Hannu implemented his latest ioctl to address the problem with
> audio and video sync and if so is there a new mpeg tv version which
> uses it?

Hannu said that the new call would be in OSS 3.8.1 (for which I have
read an announcement in comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.announce).

I want to mention that mtv (BSDI version) seems to work fine with
the latest snap of my sound code (early december). I have tested
it on a couple of short movies and sync is quite good.

Tristan has been very helpful in helping me finding and fixing the
problem.

	Cheers
	Luigi