Date:      Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:29:27 -0500
From:      Justin Smith <jsmith@drexel.edu>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   GDM problem

After upgrading to STABLE a few days ago, several odd problems developed:

1. cups did not start automatically. It turned out the CUPS script was
being given the parameter 'faststart' rather than 'start'

2. GDM started but in an odd mode that didn't detect any keyboard input
(so I couldn't log in). The mouse continued to work.
When I started in nongraphical mode and manually started GDM as root, it
worked normally.

Any suggestions?