Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 09:09:57 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
To:        FBSD-Q <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        willwong@samurai.com
Subject:   Re: Ports and Packages

--BOKacYhQ+x31HxR3

* William Wong <willwong@samurai.com> [20010613 08:59]: writing on the subj=
ect 'Ports and Packages'
William> Hi there,
William>=20
William> Is there a program, make a FreeBSD package out of a "make install"=
 from
William> Ports.
William>=20
William> I have two 4.3-RELEASE systems and for some reason, one doesn't wa=
nt to
William> compile samba-2.0.9 from Ports.  Is there a way to make a package =
on the
William> system which it does compile on, and then install the package the =
other?
William>=20
William> Thanks,
William> - Will

I guess you can look at pkg_create or porteasy
(/usr/ports/misc/porteasy) but with two _identical_ systems, I guess the
better option would be to get to the bottom of the build error
message. Maybe your two systems are not really identical???
What is the error message? I'm sure you may get overwhelming help if you
posetd those messages.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence =
of=20
our friends.=20
-Martin Luther King=20

--BOKacYhQ+x31HxR3