Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 2019 17:27:53 +0100
From:      Christian <ctanghe@gmx.de>
To:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
Subject:   Re: dhclient fails to obtain the IP address from some WiFi networks

Hi,=20
I have had a similar case last week with an old notebook, and learned that s=
ome network cards didn=E2=80=98t support a feature called PMF - Protected Ma=
nagement Frames (ieee 802.11w-2009).

So I disabled this ( more or less senseless, as the internet says) Feature o=
n my fritzboxRouter and the card went online.=20
--

> Am 23.03.2019 um 11:07 schrieb Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.net>:
>=20
> 23.03.2019 1:31, Yuri wrote:
>=20
>> The laptop was getting the wifi connection right away, but dhclient was c=
onsistently failing to obtain the IP address.