Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 2003 22:58:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ben M <skalenguy@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/60319: read error 34/0 during installation, SYSTEM HANGS

>Number:         60319
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       read error 34/0 during installation, SYSTEM HANGS
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I am not sure if you have been given this bug before but since I could not find it listed in the bug search I thought I would give it up.  I have read multiple forums elsewhere that seem to suggest it is to do with the cdrom hanging on modern BIOS's.  Either way this is effectively stopping my installation on systems around the workplace.
>How-To-Repeat:
Attempt installation on a MSI KT7 Turbo motherboard with latest BIOS flash and AMD Athlon 1200+ and Seagate ST340824A with Sony CR-RW CRX160E.